It is time for a new era... SlimBean 4.2.2 build 1 is released.
First of all, we want to thank all you guys supporting us in the past months. We got incredible d/l rates last release. In 10 days we recorded over 100,000+ d/ls. We are really happy that you enjoy SlimBean very much. So we have decided to bring a new version on the road with lots of changes and improvements as usual, optimizing each and every aspect of the ROM was a big part of the project this time. Some notices on it:
- As mentioned in the install instructions, we recommend a full wipe because of the 4.2.1 -> 4.2.2 change of base. Means full data wipe and manual format of system partition. A lot has changed in the base.
- We removed the cLock widget and replaced it with the Awesome DashClock from Roman Nurik. Check it out... especially the tons of plugins which are available for it via play store make it simply terrific. If you still want to use cLock widget you can find it as extra flashable package in Download/Mods and Themes/cLock on our website here. Just flash and you will have it back.
- Hold back to kill app was removed from Developer options. Devices with navbar did not need it before because they could rebind any key for the same function. Now with our new hardware key rebind function you can do the same on you hardware keys. So you can kill on any key you want.
- Reboot menu... we introduced a control for the global reboot menu in Developer options. You can set it to 'disable all the time' (which is the default option), 'hide in lockscreen', or 'show it always' (like it was before). So you can protect accidental reboots to recovery from your kids, friends or who ever you do not want doing that.
- We have a new function for software supported camera HDR mode. Just a short notice (for the devices which are supporting Photosphere package)... if you flash Photosphere you will loose HDR mode along with all other Slim developed enhancements. At the present, native HDR is only possible on mako (Nexus 4).
- And last our Gapps... This time we do not have upgrade packages. Reason for it that we rebased all our Gapps to the newest version from Google. They are completely 4.2.2 based including the inverted Gapps packages. Due to the fact that a lot has changed, upgrade packages do not make sense. So download your Gapps package you prefer and flash following the ROM flash.
- Full JDQ39 (4.2.2) base
- Replaced cLock with Shiny new 'DashClock'
- Added slide before unlock
- Bring back long press to toggle PW
- MMS: Add Quick emoji to text input
- Phone: Set my phone number
- Added full hardware key rebinding (home+menu+back)
- Added Kill App/Expand Notification Shade/Toggle Expanded Desktop to hardware binds
- Fully configurable advanced reboot toggle
- Enhance circle battery and clock
- Camera: Add software HDR mode
- Calendar: Add snooze to events
- Enhance T9 and search
- Settings: Add forget all networks to WiFi
- Notification: Limit notification sounds for interval
- Camera: Add animation to mode switch
- Sound: Add configurable volume adjust sounds
- Notification: Add custom carrier text
- Enhance electron beam control
- Tons and tons of more fixes and optimizations
- And a little surprise for the savvy ones :)
- I9100G : Samsung Kernel update
- N7100 : Fixed WiFi tethering
- SGS2/i777/Note/Note2 : Update Mali drivers
- d2: A2DP/Bluetooth updates
- manta: Switch to Google Kernel
- MusicFX FC
- Batterybar UI glitch
- QuickPulldown flips notification shade
- Phantom QuickSettings toggle
- Color picker issues
- Recents apps panel bug
- Camera not animating
- Color picker in landscape
- Recovery touch
- Expanded desktop
- Contacts call grouping
- Alarm FC on update
- Notification shortcuts spacing/tablet transitions
- Choppy lockscreen on Low-mem HDPI
- Lockscreen browser shortcut
- Longpress NavBar Home not loading recent apps
- And finally ASS to 'Advanced Slim Settings'!!!
- i9100/i777: Graphic glitches fixed
- manta: Bluetooth fixed
- On Non-English languages (and UK English) call durations in Call Log details are displayed incorrectly
- Landscape lock before unlock has a small visual glitch
- I9100G/infuse4g : Statusbar freeze [sometimes]
- i9100: Zoom on camcorder at 1080p is broken
- i777: Video recording broken
- i777: unable to change CPU frequencies
- d2: Camera exposure not working, HDR disabled because of that (upstream)
- d2: Capacitive/Hardware keys shortpress can sometimes act as longpress (upstream)
How to install SlimBean 4.2.2 build 1
For Most Users:
- Download 4.2.2 from here
- Addons ( if you don't have it already) from here
- !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
- Flash device 4.2.2 AND the addons you want, reboot
From another 4.2.2 ROM
- Reboot to recovery
- Flash ROM zip
- Flash Gapps/AIO zip
PS: If any of the flashes are too quick i.e., less than 5 seconds.. flash again!