The usual stuff, Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible if you brick your device, burn your device etc. This ROM might be most suitable for experienced users but everybody is welcome to use it.
SlimKat installation instructions
The first thing to do is to make sure you have the latest recovery installed.
Download latest SlimKat and latest gapps and put on your sd card.
Reboot to recovery.
In recovery make a full wipe as per these instructions:
- In CWM perform wipe data/factory reset and in mount section format system.
- In TWRP choose advanced in wipe section and wipe dalvik cache, cache, system and data.
Flash SlimKat rom zip.
Flash SlimKat gapps zip.
Reboot, setup and enjoy.
SlimBean 4.3 installation instructions
After there is a some confusion about how to install 4.3, here is a list of what's absolutely necessary
- full wipe (means: wipe data / factory reset and format /system)
- install Slim 4.3 ROM
- install Slim 4.3 gapps
Always full wipe if you came from 4.2.2 or any other 4.3 ROM
At the moment, just use Slim gapps, there are problems with other gapps atm (incompatible or outdated libs in other actual gapps packages)
"format /system" in addition to "wipe data factory reset" is needed, some restore scripts could mess up your pretty new installation
Root access works in another way in 4.3 then it was before. It is disabled by default. If you want to have root access go into your Superuser application or in Settings->Developer options and enable it. Please note as well that currently some third party kernels are around which may break root.
If you use TitaniumBackup you need to change in settings you backup/restore path to "legacy"
Get yourself booted with cm9 or cm10. then follow the steps "From another JB or ICS ROM"
- Download device_x.x.zip, slim_gapps.zip.
- Enter CWM, wipe data, format system ( in mounts and storage)
- Flash Device_x.x.zip***, then MUST flash slim_gapps.zip (other files optional)
*** - If the flash is too quick ( < 5 seconds or so), reflash device before flashing common or other zip files.