- Created on Sunday, 26 January 2014 20:40
We have finally removed the beta tag and Jenkins is in the process of building the new weekly builds. We are not far away from first stable release so this weekly will be tagged as RC1. Thanks to all of the users and testers that made this possible!!!!!!
This week we had 2 main aims. Firstly to iron out all of the small bugs which were present in preparation to go soon stable. Secondly to add back one of the important missing features that a lot of users have been requesting and asking why we hadn't merged yet when other ROMs had and that is Hardware key rebinding. The reason was very simple. The code and feature which we and all other ROMs have been using for about 2 years was nice but not that what we wanted to have with 4.4.2. So we decided to recode it completely in a more flexible, more centralized, less resource heavy way without affecting all of the non hardware key devices and with some nice enhancements of course.
DashClock also got some major updates mainly to tweak the UI even more.
ATTENTION: You need to update your gapps for this build!!!!!!
Note: If you have no backup accounts visible in "Settings -> Backup and Security" after a fresh install just reboot and it will show up. It is due to a problem with googles native GoogleBackupTransport.apk control.
- Frameworks base: Return: Custom Carrier Label
- Frameworks base: Return: UMS support
- Frameworks base: Handle backup transport registration dynamically
- Frameworks base: Harden against transiently unavailable backup transports
- Frameworks base: Slims Hardware Key Rebinding
- Frameworks base: Speed up the navbar
- Frameworks base: Make menu unlock configurable
- Frameworks base: SystemUI: Pimp-up Media Tile (double tap during play)
- Frameworks base: finally fix carrier lable shows on first boot sometimes
- Frameworks base: use on virtual POWER_KEY own global menu handling
- Frameworks base: TRDS change auto detect light conditions method
- Frameworks base: Add support for ADB over network
- Frameworks base: Notification : Fix app info long-press
- Frameworks base: core: Added national roaming info for Jazztel Movil in Spain
- Frameworks base: core: added national roaming info for Spring Mobil in Sweden...
- Frameworks base: Initialize pointer members to NULL to avoid illegal reference
- Frameworks base: MediaFocusControl: Deny audio focus if notification stream is 0
- Frameworks base: Set Settings.Global.WIFI_SCAN_ALWAYS_AVAILABLE default value
- Frameworks base: Fix error checking in MemoryFile.
- Frameworks base: Fixed stylus eraser being rejected by palm rejection
- Frameworks base: Fixed incorrect calculation of dirty invalidation area
- Frameworks base: FLAG_PRIVILEGED disappears if privileged app is updated and rebooted
- Frameworks base: Only send storage intents after boot complete
- Frameworks base: Remove unused field from AssetManager.
- Frameworks base: Telephony: Modify code to check that PUK code length is always 8.
- Settings: fix Display settings FC on manta or devices without crt mode effect
- Settings: Remove notification pulse and light for devices without LED
- Settings: Add CPU & RAM info.
- Bionic: Moar optimizations
- dalvik/vm: Dalvik startup with a low memory footprint
- Mms: reload default drawable if it changed during the instance
- DashClock: Added condensed font option
- DashClock: Added separator between extensions
- DashClock: Added text density option
- DashClock: Fixed touch feedback, broken in an earlier commit Fixed clock metrics for ...
- DashClock: some TRDS adjustments
- DashClock: add background color choice + add more colors for text then just ...
- DashClock: add preference theme to NextAlarmSettingsActivity
- DashClock: add src api paths back
- DashClock: make actionbar consisten with KitKat theme and fix
- DashClock: disable backgroundcolor preference if opacity = 0
- DashClock: Fix menu overflow button on dslv
- Updates on display-caf, audio-caf and media-caf
- Updates on frameworks native
- Tons of device upstream and device specific fixes (see device changelog in download area for details)
- Translation updates